Anticipation of the Execution of a Reinvention


You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure. But it doesn't matter ...

Oasis 2012 ,my first Oasis, seems like that Train riddle from Inception.You know where you hope the train will take you,towards fun and ecstasy ; but you don't know for sure....



All these years festivals to me have meant nothing beyond Diwali, Dusshehra, Holi etc. Like most families in India, my family used to put all the efforts before Diwali cleaning the house, setting up the lightings, making sweets and other delicious edibles, decorating the house,making Rangolis, buying crackers. And it was so much fun !

The way Departments and clubs have been putting up their efforts for Oasis 2012 reminds me of Diwali preparations back home ! Oasis seems like a new festival for me .  A festival I've never seen before . And excitement seems to flow beneath my skin. This Oasis, I anticipate the kind of fun we have at Diwali. I anticipate delicious edibles from Cafe Coffee Day, PizzaHut etc. I anticipate the happiness of no tutorial quizzes. The thrill of participating in various events and competitions,the laugh riots of Vir Das ! Music @ Rocktaves ! Dance, Drama and much more....Oh wait...and above all the Outsti crackers  ;) 


The other day me and Gautam, a friend of mine were having this discussion about Oasis. He being the pessimistic  psycho he always has been said "I'm not sure if Oasis is gonna be all the fun people say it will be..". I turned back to the train riddle from my favourite movie , Inception ."You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure. But it doesn't matter .Why does it not matter ?" .He knew the answer "Cause we'll be together ."..."And we'll make sure fun happened"  he high fived .


I remember my childhood when I used to do countdowns for Diwali weeks before it actually arrived .Years later, when I'm no more a kid, I still catch myself doing a countdown these days.
A countdown induced by the slaps of Tutorial quizzes and Assignments.
A countdown provoked by seeing the same old BITSian girls (no offense intended ) every day.
A countdown towards this Mini-Diwali away from home .
A countdown towards Re-Invention .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...